My mumbling problem

Home Forums PC Talk Software My mumbling problem

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    GARGOYLE-URGARGOYLE-UR
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Lastly is your card and AGP or PCI card? If it's PCI it explains a little. If it's AGP is it 4x or 8x?

Hey, Shock…..

Quote:
    Video Processor ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP (0x4172)

:lame :p Its AGP 8x

It looks to me like a CPU/Motherboard issue. Your P4 has a FSB running at 400MHz, which means your board is also running at that speed. Which also means your memory may only be running at 266MHz. What is the brand and model of your RAM?

The video card is not that great, but its ok. The gpu clock speed is about 300MHz and the memory clock speed is about 350MHz. On the plus side, it can be overclocked to 700MHz. Don't know how, but from what I have read, it can be done.

The fact that you are having problems on certain maps tells me that your system is having issues “processing” those maps. That points to the CPU, motherboard and video card.

I'm sure you NIC is fine.

GHILLIE-URGHILLIE-UR
    Keymaster

My system must be broken, I was only 16528/1099 to/from San Fran :ouch

GARGOYLE-URGARGOYLE-UR
    Keymaster

Wiley, I forgot to add my suggestions.

The board is fine. It can run upto 800MHz. So get a faster P4, if you can find it and fast RAM to match and I thing you will see a difference.

You can get a 3.2GHz P4 at discountelectronics.com for $70 bucks. Or brand new in the box from other places for about $200 to $300

Fubar-URFubar-UR
    Keymaster
    GARGOYLE-UR @ Jan 12 2008, 05:51 PM wrote:
    Wiley, I forgot to add my suggestions.

The board is fine. It can run upto 800MHz. So get a faster P4, if you can find it and fast RAM to match and I thing you will see a difference.

You can get a 3.2GHz P4 at discountelectronics.com for $70 bucks. Or brand new in the box from other places for about $200 to $300

Wiley I had all kinds of problems when I was using ATI cards, since switching to Nvidia all problems went away.

Now the ATI is owned by AMD I have heard problems have got worse

Fubar-URFubar-UR
    Keymaster

dump the Catalyst software, that was my last straw with ATi and it did not work.

The best solution was nvidia

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.