I think Shocktronic is in love with Gargoyle

Home Forums PC Talk Software I think Shocktronic is in love with Gargoyle

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    GHILLIE-URGHILLIE-UR
    Keymaster
    BONES-URBONES-UR
    Keymaster

That is GREAT. Glad to see it’s return with modern technology. Wonder if Apple will do the same. LOL

Fubar-URFubar-UR
    Keymaster

Yeah saw a few posts on engadget about that recently.

Anonymous

I don’t get it. I had one of those back in the day. I remember getting the “Tandy” book from radio shack so I could code and make my screen flash colors and code other pointless programs. LOL. Also had a tape deck to load games and save projects. It sucked if the volume was slightly off.

With this new version it just looks like someone stuffed a modern PC into an old Commador case. Did I miss something in the article?

Don’t get me wrong it’s a cool idea but if it’s gonna be used to run windows 7 then I don’t see the point.

GARGOYLE-URGARGOYLE-UR
    Keymaster

Yes, you missed something in the article.

Quote:
    The latest Commodore 64 also can run Microsoft Corp.’s Windows 7, although it comes with a lesser-known type of operating system known as Ubuntu. The company says it plans to offer its own Commodore operating system that is compatible with 8- 16- and 32-bit software.
    Anonymous

No I didn’t miss that, read the whole article. The “commadore” software is just that, software! Hence it will run on “any” computer. You can run Ubuntu now on any system as well.

This is like be putting a Gameboy Advanced in an old Vectrex machine (Google it!). It may look like one, but it isn’t.

Just dissapointing considering what that was before. Thats all I was saying.

GARGOYLE-URGARGOYLE-UR
    Keymaster

This is my point Shock:

Quote:
    The company says it plans to offer its own Commodore operating system that is compatible with 8- 16- and 32-bit software.

You said:

Quote:
    With this new version it just looks like someone stuffed a modern PC into an old Commador case. Did I miss something in the article?

Don’t get me wrong it’s a cool idea but if it’s gonna be used to run windows 7 then I don’t see the point.

Point being, you can run Win 7 on it, not that you will. It will run thier own OS. It will have some newer components to it just like any computer maker. You don’t see Dell selling computers with old components. They upgrade as they go. And Dell doesn’t make their own hardware, they use Intel’s, AMD’s, etc. Commodore is just doing the same thing. They are using their old box with update components and they are going to run their own OS.

Fubar-URFubar-UR
    Keymaster

You both need to get a room and makeup. :ouch :boo

BONES-URBONES-UR
    Keymaster

It’s just a fun Geek toy. It’s nostalgic for the days that were.
    Shock you not getting it is like asking someone why would you want a fully restored and updated 65 mustang when you can buy a more modern and fuel effecient vehicle.

Anonymous

No I get it. But It’s a new car with an old body if I use your example. Now if they made the origonal again as it was, like a 65 mustang, that would be cool! In it’s slow pops and beeps form as we all remember it!! You know, when it took 10 minutes to load Pong!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.