Frontlines:Fuel of War

Home Forums PC Talk Software Frontlines:Fuel of War

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    GARGOYLE-UR
    Keymaster

Sounds interesting. I will have to pick up a copy some time soon.

Fubar-UR
    Keymaster
    GARGOYLE-UR wrote:

No hurry at this point really for you. Ghillie might have the JO server up for coop maps for you to play… :true

Anonymous

Is Gargoyles computer broken or something? Or can it not handle the game?

Fubar-UR
    Keymaster

he can’t spare the time I guess? I have had to pick up his duties of posting practice threads for weeks now. (Like I have time to do someone else’s job?)

GHILLIE-UR
    Keymaster

FFOW server should be available, configured router for ports passed along by Shok.

Anonymous

Well I was able to remote into the server using their RCON tool (Like wolfrat) to control and roll maps. I am still not able to join the server though. I will have to look and see if there is something I am missing.

Stay tuned!

Anonymous

:banghead + :comp + :willy = :(

Fubar-UR
    Keymaster

It has to be a port/proxy/firewall issue as you were able to login to mine. Even Bones jumped in for a few games.

Anonymous

Well I am gonna have to wait and try it out on my server tomorrow or Thursday. It seems Ghillie has run out of port forwards on his router!! :banghead

From what I have read the independant server app is different from the game in regards to firewalls. Also since this is on a Windows 2008 Server the security/firewall is much more locked down.

I’ll post when I get some time to tweak some more.

LONEEAGLE-UR
    Keymaster

Just ordered mine!

GHILLIE-UR
    Keymaster

Just installed mine

GHILLIE-UR
    Keymaster
    FUBAR-UR wrote:
    GARGOYLE-UR wrote:

No hurry at this point really for you. Ghillie might have the JO server up for coop maps for you to play… :true

True, Ghillie School JO will be running

WILEY COYOTE-UR
    Keymaster

So for now, we’re still playing JO:AW2 right?

Anonymous

Yes, the Frontlines Server is a work in progress. If your system can handle it I would say pick up a copy. It’s only $5.

Anonymous

OK after the slowest download in the history of the internet I managed to get the FFOW server installed on my server. I felt like I was on dial up… whoa! So I forwarded all the ports, configured the files, etc and ……. It worked! Had it up for about 15 minutes running around and 3 other players joined in. I don’t think they were too happy once I closed it down though. I also was able to make sure the remote console was working for rolling maps.

So at this point Ghillie school just needs a new router or some freed up port forwards and it will be operational. Will still need to tweek soe internal files but all and all it’s a viable option!!

The sweet part about it I was running it on my old server (wifes computer) which is an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ @ 2.17ghz and only 1.5GB of RAM and it ran fine.

:boo

On a side note I noticed most of the servers had pings well above 100, mine was 23. Ghillies when I was testing was about 30.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.