Assault on the Chemical Plant

Home Forums Game Talk Map Making Assault on the Chemical Plant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    WILEY COYOTE-URWILEY COYOTE-UR
    Keymaster

So, what do you guys think of that map? Too tough to attack? Too tough on the rebels?

It seemed to seesaw back and forth as I had hoped, but maybe JO is too far off.

Did you guys read the information page by pressing 'I'? Did it make sense?

Wiley

Fubar-URFubar-UR
    Keymaster

I liked it

I did not play JO so I do not know how far off it was

It seemed to go back and forth enough

GARGOYLE-URGARGOYLE-UR
    Keymaster

I'll have to read the info next time, cause I didn't get it.

Keymaster

Ghillie and I talked about it, and think it would flow better if the Joint Ops started in possession of 'A' (the distant spawn point on the island cape)

That way the initial rush would be more immediate, but there would be the possibility of pushing Joint Ops clear off the island.

I also thought a couple more off-shore joint ops start points might help keep the invasion more chaotic, since forces could come from any direction.

Fubar-URFubar-UR
    Keymaster
    WILEY COYOTE-UR @ Jun 20 2008, 10:22 PM wrote:
    Ghillie and I talked about it, and think it would flow better if the Joint Ops started in possession of 'A' (the distant spawn point on the island cape)

That way the initial rush would be more immediate, but there would be the possibility of pushing Joint Ops clear off the island.

I also thought a couple more off-shore joint ops start points might help keep the invasion more chaotic, since forces could come from any direction.

Those seem like good ideas, that would keep it more interesting for sure! :1010

BONES-URBONES-UR
    Keymaster

It seemed touch to defend it but I'm sure just as hard to attack.

Overall, I liked it. Much different from the standard TDM and TKOTH.

Great job putting it all together.

Keymaster

I sent the changed version to Ghillie, maybe he can run it at some point this week before Thursday.

Maybe tomorrow night some of us could playtest it?

GHILLIE-URGHILLIE-UR
    Keymaster

OK OK OK No need to badger me. i will load it in the morning

Keymaster

You had to expect this:
    http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

GHILLIE-URGHILLIE-UR
    Keymaster

Newest version will not run. I get a memory error, something about too many objects. :ouch :comp :banghead

GHILLIE-URGHILLIE-UR
    Keymaster

Map is posted. How come you are not testing it????

Keymaster

Okay, it's time to lay out some details that will make this map more interesting for us.

First, any tech box with a solid red light on it can be destroyed, and if so, it damages the system it controls. On the Rebel island chem plant, the control boxes are hidden away from the system they control.

On Joint Ops Forward Operations Bases, they are near the spawn point, and the spawn point is destroyed if the box is destroyed.

Don't destroy tech boxes on your team's island!

All of the small chemical tanks can be destroyed. And most have a tactical disadvantage when they are destroyed. Either a spawn point is lost, a gate opens, etc.

The largest tank cannot be destroyed by direct fire. There is a technical box with a red light on it that will destroy it. There is one other technical box that also must be destroyed for Joint Ops to win by mission completion.

Computer consoles that you can sit at activate resources available to both teams.

Here's a specific list:

• Computer Console South of B enables the vehicles inside the gate.

Computer Console inside main building unhides a 1st floor spawn point.

Eastern most Chemical tank destroyed takes Spawn B with it.
    The tank next to it destroyed removes the chainlink fence at B.

Destroying one of three of the chemical tanks at C will remove spawn C.

The techbox outside the South gate unlocks the gate, and removes the security guards there.

The techbox inside the building at the North gate unlocks the north gate.

The generator at A powers the lights, and all the lights go out if you destroy the generator.

Destroy the techboxes at G or at H to destroy that F.O.B.

Destroy the techboxes at Joint Ops home base wins the game for Rebels.

Destroying all chemical tanks and techboxes inside buildings at the chemical plant wins the game for Joint Ops.

There are secret doors at 'D' and in the mainbuilding below 'E'

GARGOYLE-URGARGOYLE-UR
Keymaster

Dang, thats a list. Almost sounds like this should be a coop map.

Keymaster

Heck! That's not a bad idea. It wouldn't be that hard to make it a COOP map. I've figured out how to make the bots agressive. If I can learn to make them move and/or follow players.

I'd push the Joint Ops team off the island, so that establishing a foothold would be an important early strategy.

Should I keep the extra entry points – Hotel and Golf bases?

Keymaster

Alright, I re-did the map as a COOP.

I've playtested it, and it's really tough for a single player (even one that knows where the bad guys are). But it should be a challenge for a small group, or pretty easy for a group that coordinates attacks and uses support roles like engineer and medic.

I kept the extra forward bases Hotel and Golf, but there is a time-delayed trigger that causes the Rebels to sabotage those locations, so establish a foothold on the island.

They are bad guys, so expect some nasty surprises.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.