Advance and Secure

Home Forums Game Talk Map Making Advance and Secure

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    WILEY COYOTE-UR
    Keymaster

Have any of you ever built an Advance and secure map?

Any idea how to set up the PSP's in order? I'm assuming the game isn't smart enough to figure it out itself.

I'd really like to start making us some non TDM/TKOTHs.

GARGOYLE-UR
    Keymaster

I know what you mean. I started getting sick of just doing TDM's and TKOTH's. Thats why I have a Vegas map that is half done.

Don't know, but you are correct the game isn't smart enough to figure it out. I would suggest you search for an AAS map and download it. Then open it up in NILE and learn from that.

WILEY COYOTE-UR
    Keymaster

Vegas huh?

Maybe I do a Venice city map then…

Where'd you get a giant black pyramid?

GARGOYLE-UR
    Keymaster

I made it out of the flat cement pieces. I just turned them diagonally. I have a map of the strip and I'm going down the way. I'm up to Paris Paris. Not sure how I'm going to make the tower.

WILEY COYOTE-UR
    Keymaster

There's an Eifel tower in the IC:Europe mod, if you're willing to wait. Otherwise, I suggest using the coal mine pieces, lots of metal gridwork there.

Is it going to be a vehicle fight then? cause I've walked from the MGM to the Stratosphere, and that is a seriously long walk.

GHILLIE-UR
    Keymaster

You could use the excerise :willy

Fubar-UR
    Keymaster
    GHILLIE-UR @ Feb 28 2008, 04:45 PM wrote:
    You could use the excerise :willy

:true

Anonymous

To make a AAS (Advance and Secure) map. If not skip to the next step

Use any of the “spawn and change side” buildings.
    Set the LFP's like so. Say you have 5 bunkers for the AAS. Set the one closest to the JO with LFP group 1 and set the team to 1. And the three in the middle LFP group 2 and set the team to 0. Set the one by the Reb base with LFP group 3 and set the team to 2
    The results you get from this is. The bunker by JO base start as JO's base you can spawn there. Same with the bunker by Rebs it starts as the Rebs base. The three in the middle are neutral.
    Make sure to set the game type in the Level properties under Mission to Advance & secure and name the mission. .0
    To set the LFP and team values click the object. Then select edit. You will see the box that says LFP groups.
    Just change this value to the group you want them in.

By setting up the LFP's it also sets the waypoints and makes takeover area active.

1=JO
    2=Rebs
    0=Neutral
    If you don't set the LFP's what you get is 3 player spawn points that anyone can take at any time. With no way points or anything

GARGOYLE-UR
    Keymaster

Great information Freeman. Very nicely done. Looking forward to everyones AAS maps.

BONES-UR
    Keymaster

AAS? What is that? Oh wait isn't that the type of map we played when we demo tested Joint Ops? WOW that goes way back.

GARGOYLE-UR
    Keymaster

Advance and Secure

We have played them before, but its been a long time.

BONES-UR
    Keymaster

I was kidding Gargoyle. Did you not see the sarcasm or were you busy counting your pennies. lol :boo

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.